Monday 1 September 2008

Blogging Virgin


Kitted out with my new logo and blog design, the Blog looks the part, only its missing something....Aha! That's it! a decent post :)

I don't know how many votes most polls get, but 7 is a new personal record for me! Even though i ha
ve only waited a couple of days, and never hosted my own poll before. However, 6 votes for "Yes!", and one vote for "Peanut Butter", the poll rests at 85%, which i will happily accept.

I have mentioned it 3 times (including this time, and in the title) but just in case you didn't gather it, I have never posted a "real" post on Blogger before. Hence, I have no idea what I should be doing. Hopefully there are no written rules about it (excluding the pesky T&C, of course) so I can't embarrass myself.

Today has been pretty slow. I'm still in my School holidays, with the threat of returning to lessons hovering over me. With only two days to go until i have to go back, I can't help but feel like Ive wasted an entire six weeks of my life. Then again i feel like this every year at the start of September.

You may already know that I like Final Fantasy (if you didn't you do now) In fact, the only PS2 games I still own are Final Fantasy X and X-2. They are by far my favourite games ever! And I thought it would be a good way of introducing myself to the blogging world with a short post about Final Fantasy VIII, which I have just started replaying, (and is the only other FF game i have apart from VII, X and X-2, as mentioned earlier) :) Now, I don't know why, but for some reason Final Fantasy VIII doesn't work on my PS3, so i had to dig up my PS1 to play it on! Wow kinda old school eh ;) I was happy to find it worked after all that time in storage!

I always Liked Final Fantasy VIII. It has a really great story line and characters unlike some other games *cough*finalfantasyVII*cough* although the battle system is lacking, i am enjoying playing it again. The last time was only a couple months ago! Its a little odd to play a game so soon again, but let me explain:

I told a little fib earlier. FFVIII does work on my PS3, but only di
sc one! That's right, I got all the way to the end of disk one, and when i was so eager to get onto the next part of the game (to find out the continuation of that awfully dramatic cliffhanger!) I get a symbol saying I've inserted the wrong disc, and it does the same for all of the other discs too. Even on the second copy of the game i have!

So yeah, I've had to play through the parts of the game that are still fresh in my memory on the PS1, to get to disc two and onwards! Still I'm enjoying it, and Will post more on it, and possibly a little review when i have gotten a little further.

That's it for now, Vote in the new poll, and satisfy your
appetite with the screen shots and stuff throughout the post!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you finally posting! :D

I never did get far on VIII mostly because i checked out IX and then forgot all about it. I should really dig it up sometime soon maybe like another retro review...

Anyway, nice post! Have you decided on what this blog is about yet?

Oh and you should add a subscribe option please :D

Jake Collins said...

Thank you :)

I just added some kind of subscribe thing, not sure if its the right one though :p Please check it for me :)

Also, is the Ad Sense thing really good for making money? just a thought...